Sunday 26 July 2015

Simply Singapore Style Cafe


Sometimes food represents a bitter sweet memory - bitter because it's already a thing in the past and sweet because it reminds you of something that makes you happy.

Singaporean food is a foodie delight because it's a fusion of asian dishes and delicacies - the ambrosia to my soul.


I was on my way to a mexican diner when I accidentally bumped into this Singaporean cafe. What caught me really is the smell so I began to read the menu posted just outside the kitchen counter.


The menu was enough to make me drool let alone the familiar aroma of Singaporean food. I ordered their menu for the day which was Nasi Goreng Istimewa (Indonesian Fried Rice), a dish reminiscent of Nasi Lemak which I truly enjoy while binge eating in Hawker Centers or Kopitiam in Singapore.


While waiting for my take out, the owner/cook was kind enough to give me a complimentary dessert called Kuih Ee (Glutinous Rice Balls in syrup). It is said to be served during Chinese New Year and it really packs a punch.


Other food choices include Indian Mee Goreng and Chinese Sausage Fried Rice.



Contact Details:

Simply Singapore Style Cafe
Marina Mall Mactan, Lapu-lapu City
(At the back of Marina Mall, near Bella's Bites and beside MexiMama)

No comments:

Post a Comment