Saturday 5 April 2014

Taj Indian Restaurant

The first time I tasted authentic Indian food was in Singapore. The smell of Indian curry at that time was not really pleasing to my senses let alone its taste. 


But I am a self-proclaimed foodie so I have to keep my gustatory perception open basically for anything. 


When friends somehow invited me to visit Little India in Singapore to sample authentic Indian cuisines, the foodie adventurer in me obliges. From then on, the experience taught me a lot and gradually began to like the food.


So when I learned through a former colleague that there is a newly opened eating place in Cebu called Taj Indian Restaurant, I was ecstatic to try.


The place is painted with Indian  portraits,and sceneries. You are even serenaded with Indian songs while dining.


I love their chicken fold over paired with mango lassi (mango yoghurt smoothie). 

                  Chicken Fold Over 

                       Mango Lassi

Definitely a must try too is their veggie samosa (more like a pinoy empanada but filled with potatoes and green peas plus curry).

                     Veggie Samosa

Chapati with curry sauce was a total gustation delight. 

            Chapati with Curry Sauce

They also offer Shisha Tobacco. Shisha smoking (smoking from a Shisha or Hookah pipe) has been a regular sight in City Time Square usually on evenings. It is a way of smoking tobacco through a bowl and hose or tube. 

                  Shisha Tobacco

I will absolutely go back here soon. I love the place, I love the staffs (friendly and accommodating) and of course the food. 

Contact Details:

Taj Indian Restaurant
City Time Square
Mantawi Ave., North Reclamation Area
Subangdaku, Mandaue City 
Tel. No.: (032) 2394397, 5116476 

4 comments:

  1. Wow , I will surely visit this place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should if you have time skunky_vibes 😱😜😂😬

      Delete
  2. I have not tasted indian food, but with your mouth watering food photo, I think I'll try this soon....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes please Tessa and surely you will go home with a happy tummy. 😜😬😄

    ReplyDelete